This redbook explores the SAP Business Information Warehouse (BW) on the AS/400 system. It takes a close look at the tasks and functions that are specific for the AS/400 environment, rather than the BW generic task. This redbook is designed to assist AS/400 technical specialists and SAP Basis consultants in implementing this technology.
As you read this redbook, you uncover valuable information that includes:
- Terminology and an overview of BW and AS/400 features
- The BW setup
- Recommendations for backup and recovery procedures
- Examples on how to load the BW with operational data from an online transactional processing (OLTP) system that runs a company’s day-to-day business (requires that you already understand BW administrator tasks related to the creation of a data warehouse in BW)
- Hints on how to improve the performance of the AS/400 BW system (assumes that you are fairly skilled in SAP R/3-AS/400 performance topics)
- Preliminary sizing recommendations based on tests and SAP recommendations.